Sunday, June 1, 2008

SUPRISE DAY!! (FRIDAY)















Well today was a great day to celebrate!!! Lately Gretchie has not been giving into bed time when she takes a hour to two hour nap! She goes to bed at 8:30 every night but just lays there and some nights says I am not going to sleep! FINE LINE between naughty and not tired! Bedtime has been later and later--and wipes out my evenings!! The later it gets the harder to make her relax----I really think in the last month she has had a huge growing spurt also!! I started rubbing her back to get her down---or rocking her! NOW SHE EXPECTS IT!!! Well..................Sunday night G says to me while I was rubbing her hair----Go get your jammies on mommy.(I had not had a chance to take a shower or put them on as usual).........I said good idea kissed her and never went back in---she fell asleep!! (she did 3 times last week also) M ....T... W ...TH this week every night all BYSELF----excellent!!! We made a chart and started putting gold stars on!!! I did this a month ago for about three weks for lots of chores--and bedtime!! So I decided to take her to storytime on Friday (we left early on Wed-due to not listening to mommy) and craft on FRIDAY and then we got lunch and dillybars at Dairy Queen--I found a new park and we had so much fun!!! The park was pretty fun and not one kid on the playground! So mommy had to slide with Gretchen (I went down ten times) then an extra two more times because we were having so much fun! Gretchen called the park Gretchie Park---after nap we played bubble machine and went to Chineese Food with daddy!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Its so much fun when no one else is in the park , isn't it? Gretchie Park looks awesome!!!! I am craving a Dilly Bar now LOL

Kathy said...

Gretchie Park looks like a lot of fun! It is great getting the playground all to yourself! I love Gretchen's oufit. I hear you about the going to sleep thing. If John naps during the day then fights sleep at night. Little stinkers!!