Sunday, October 5, 2008

short post---ya right?


Ok --I just have to say PARTY CENTRAL AT OUR HOUSE!!! Today is the family party at 3 pm!! I had one cute story to add before I forget! Gretchie has been waiting for her elephant birthday all week--- I made her cake and it turned out sooo cute---(sorry to brag but it did!) I had Lee watch G in the tub so I could cut the cakes and design my elephant!
Well--I was relieved of my bath duty at 6:47 pm---I heard them playing and at 7:02 pm (note---G takes one hour baths usually!) I hear the water draining from the tub! (15 min! THATS IT!) At 7:04 they both come down stairs (note--not long enough to even cut the cake into and elephant let alone frost it!!) I actually had to smile---thats how my week has gone--Friday --she only took a 40 min nap when all week she has been taking an hour and half to two hour nap!!! SO---she was asleep and in bed at 8:20 pm! Mommy set to work frosting the cake---the gray tint I made was pretty! This morning I showed the cake to her----this is the conversation!
mom--Would you like to see your elephant cake Gretchie?
G---Yes!!
mom---Ok its a big suprise!
G--looks at the cake--
mom-Do you like the elephant?G--kinda looks like an elephant but its messy.............
silence
G----Where is the trunk??
mom--I showed her---
G --No thats the feet--
mom --showed her the tusks-
G--looks so yummy --Lets eat cake NOW!!!
so you never know the reaction you may get--------
I will post a photo of our strawberry cake elephant!!!


2 comments:

Kathy said...

OMG!!! That cake is awesome!!! Hope you have a great party and Happy B-day to Gretchen a day early!!!

Kelly said...

I am early but Happy Birthday Gretchie!!!!!!!!!!!! Your cake looked awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!