



We were watching a movie Thursday night (I think Wall-E again) I took a shower and G was on her way to the bath when we heard someone ring our doorbell around 7 pm! We live in a pretty safe neighborhood but have a man across the street who lives with his mom that occasionally knocks on our door and asks if he owes us money--he just forgets and is harmless--but being alone at night I just dont answer! WELL.............. with a curious 3 year old and me wondering who could it be?? I go peek out the peep hole--and nobody--so I peek out the window and see nobody---by this time Gretchie is yelling MOMMY WHO IS IT?? I run back in and tell her SHHH---this works sometimes---so I peek out the window and see someone standing on my sidewalk----they then knock very loudly--I flip the porch light on and open the door----RATS!! MISSED THEM!! But the Stanfield Baptist Church Mice left a Huge bowl of popped popcorn and a movie the Land Before Time II --what a lovely suprise and if my church mice are reading this THANK-YOU FROM THE BOTTOMS OF OUR HEARTS!!!! G looked at the popcorn and said as any cute three old can are there any burned ones in there!!! HA! How is that for grateful!! She then proceeded to help me munch it all gone--she did stop put her hand to her heart and say oh this is so delicious---and I must have been eating more because she then quietly got up minutes later and took the bowl with her to finish it herself--yummy!! It warmed my heart with that random act of kindness!!! It was a lesson to me that it only takes something simple to put a smile on a friends face!

1 comment:
That is so nice!!!!!!!I thought you were going to say something else entirely...I grew up in a rough neighborhood, LOL I was so pleasantly surprised. I love happy endings.
Post a Comment