Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Tuesday swimming/Wed happenings

After nap on Tuesday we met Stephanie and Emma (2 yr) at the swimming pool! Gretchen had gotten a free swim pass for being in the reading program. We swam from 4 pm to 7:15 pm! My little fish would not give up and was exausted!!!Very fun evening!! But then today in swimming lessons was another story and was very clingy and would not get out of the pool!!! In fact screaming meltdown fit trying to get her out--(2nd public fit--) I stood my ground and tried to talk to her while we sat on the bench---I wrapped her in the towel---she was not reasoning or listening! She started toward the pool and when I said stop she stood there and cried. I gathered up my things quickly but she started walking around the corner. I went to get her and she started toward the front desk and door--I again said stop she sat down and cried. I went to pick her up and she started kicking--great! So her I am with a crying two year old and I had not grabbed my towel or shoes-----so I had to go back into the pool!! A lady stopped and asked G in Spanish where her mommy was (she was a few feet from me) Got her in the car---and dropped the towel in front of the car--Another lady said oh someone dropped a nice towel---thats mine I snapped! Took Gretchen 3 minutes to calm down and then she wanted her daddy (always does when I discipline her) She crawled up in the front seat to give me a hug --I buckled her in and she was asleep with 30 seconds!!! WHEW!! So nap is so quiet here=--==Lee is on his way home 1:30 pm and we are going to the fair and rodeo--with SWEET PEA! I threatened her big to be GOOD!!! Another long evening--hope she sleeps a good two hours! We went to Boogie and Story this morning----we left and went to McDonalds with Isabella and then to swim lessons----next time someone does not put me in the 12 class instead of waiting that extra 12:30 class---they have never lived with a child that needs a NAP!!! G usually does ok postphoning a nap but we have been sooooo busy and overload hit today!! I will post more about the rest of our afternoon tonight!!

No comments: