Thursday, April 17, 2008

Oh to be two again!! (THURS )

Gretchie woke up this morning and says MOMMY look under the bed..my ball is under there! ha!! I swear she is not awake sometimes--Yesterday Lee called in the middle of her long nap and she sits up says WHo are you taking to and lies back down---sleeps another 45 min!!! We took daddy to school this morning and Nana called so G ate her cheerios while mommy talked to Nana 20 min in the parking lot! Came back G took a bath---with complaining the whole time--until I said NO BATH** NO PARK!!! I love this outfit G is wearing wish they made adult clothes that cute!! We took a walk around the hotel as I talked to Amma and went up the elevator! We ran into Target to get another memory card--I wanted another one for my digital photo frame I got for Christmas! Since we are going to the zoo Saturady also---whoa the photos---Gretchie wanted to see the elephants that she had played with in the toy aisle on Tuesday---I let her carry the baby elephant in the box and then we gave it a kiss and put it back for a nap!! We took a shortcut through the shoe dept. She says oh look pink Dora shoes---they are so cute and wanted to try them on!! I let her then we put them back on the shelf!! She refused to get in her carseat-she says I dont want to listen (got in trouble)----ugh! I said NO CARSEAT** NO PARK!! That worked--whats the resistence lately I have no idea-but TWO!!! This morning was all on her sweet time!! I got in the drivers side and SIGHED--mommy are you mad was the voice from the backseat!! We had a blast at the park(11-12:30)--there was a teeter totter and climbing metal blocks- no swings---The slide was really high I took her down three times and then she ended up going down all BYSELF!! She figured she could stop herself with her shoes! We ate lunch at the picnic table--cold pizza from last night, cheetos,raisins and cheerios from breakfast and daddy's pop! Sounds kinda gross after I typed that ! There were tons of airplanes overhead and she says where are they going so each time I came up with a random city--when I said Guatemala -She yells OH Let's go with them and get a baby!!! Oh I wish it was that easy!!Nap on the way back to the hotel----she slept from 12:40 to 3:20 (2 hours and 40 min--then fell asleep for another ten min!) I took photos of her trying to wake up kinda funny!! But it wasnt until 10:15 pm until she was asleep tonight! Picked daddy up at school and had a dessert bar in the cafeteria area---went to the park and had fun--this park had swings a rock wall and a hill with a slide to slide down into sand!! Tooo fun!! So two parks today! The forcast is predicting SNOW for the weekend -whaa! Papa and Nana and cousin Cole decided not to join us at the zoo!! Went back to the hotel and swam from 6 to 6:45 pm---I love swimming!! We then went to eat at Arbys!! G was in a world of her own at Arbys--playing with the foil off the sandwhich and talking non stop!!! Saying its your turn and then ok now its my turn! We got into the van and she says Daddy where are we going---to Portland! We are in Wilsonville which is 20 miles south of Portland--but she asked a question and then answered herself--and where did she come up with Portland--when her mind has been on Guatemala all day!!! She saw another airplane and told daddy it was going to Guatemala for a baby! On the way back to the hotel she was singing every song she knew and changing her voice saying IF YOU DON'T LISTEN I AM SPANKING YOU---I will listen to mommy and daddy ok she was saying to herself-- I am a good girl and not a baby! It was making us both laugh!!! As you can see her nap wound her up and then swimming this early evening did not make her tired!! OH---the only thing was it made mommy and daddy more tired trying to keep up with a two year old!!! WE LOVE HER PERSONALITY!!!







1 comment:

Kathy said...

That is some serious jumping Gretchen is doing!! Too cute that she wants to go get a baby in Guatemala. How I wish it was that easy too!! I think your picnic lunch sounds good!