Friday, December 14, 2007

Busy Little Elves--


WHEW- In the last three days we finished our shopping ,wrapping and even made a double batch of sugar cokies, stuffed and stamped our Christmas cards--just need to lick them and address them!!! Wed. we left our house at 9:15 am and went to TriCities (30 min) we got home at 4 ish~~ Gretchen was better than AWESOME!!! Shopping with a two year old you never know what to expect!! We took along Marissa (doll) which we could not leave the house without a coat for her doll--"mommy Marissa is cold--she needs a coat"! So after putting a coat on the doll--we were ready to buckle Marissa into the van! Marissa even got in trouble at Costco from mommy for eating the belt in the cart--"Look mommy Misha is eating!!!" Oh thats dirty I said!! So then Gretchie continues to tell her no eat its dirty!!! TOO FUNNY!!! Our next stop was Outdoor Sportsman---G is singing in the cart when I was stuffing the cart full of gifts all of a sudden she started to hide and bury her face in the stuff! I looked down and she says...BEAR SCAREY!! It was a huge life like bear up on the shelf!! I said Gretchie its not scarey its just like your teddybear at home---OH-she says and then wanted to see the bears eyes but she still clung on to me. That (bear--scarey) has been the topic of conversation the last two days!!! We put our gifts in the car and visited PET SMART!! G loves the fish and calls them all Nemo and Dorie!! The cats were next as she starts talking to them and telling them to eat and drink the water !! One was playful and even took a hit through the bars--she laughed and said GOODNIGHT MEOWS!!! Next stop Target (it was noon) (naptime usually) So I took her jacket and the ziplock bags of crackers ,cheese bologna and marshmellows and made a soft place for her to sit and eat lunch----and the doll too !!! Hour later she was still great---she did take the flashlght and stand up and use it as a microphone singing Twinkle Twinkle while I was on the cell phone--but she could have wanted out of the cart , been crying , etc. We got in the van and she fell asleep within 7-8 min!! I drove over to Shopko and stuffed my Christmas cards in envelopes and stamped them while she slept!! YEAH! When G woke up (50min) she said Buy More Presents--thats my shopper girl! I put her in the stroller and off we went to buy our last gift!!


Thursday we made sugar cookies which turned out to soft to roll--so I stuck them in refrig. and then they were to hard--so I just made small round cookies--6 dozen! G put candies on top and MORE CANDIES in her mouth!!! We also finished packing the two boxes to be mailed! Gretchie decided her bike needed to be wrapped with paper!!!







Today we went to post office and bank and storytime at the library---G made a paperbag baby reindeer! I bought her pink reindeer jammies at Costco WED but let her wear them that night because she was so WONDERFUL shopping---she kept the pj top on all day yesterday!! Sooo snuggly she says!!! She took a 2 and half hour nap yesterady--hopefully mommy could be so lucky again today---








No comments: