Tuesday, March 25, 2008

EASTER WEEKEND 2008

Easter was very early this year and sneaked up on us. Saturday morning we took G to a community egg hunt at New Hope Church! They had a very cute progrm at the beginning with all Donut Man songs (that she already knew every word too). They had large puppets singing and dancing!! The church was packed with about 500 kids and parents! So we stood and she was just taking it all in!! They then broke the kids into age groups---1 to 3 year olds --she actually was so excited to go get the eggs (which they just laid out on the grass) ten eggs was the limit and then we sat on the grass and peeked inside!! They had a petting zoo and her favorite three BOUNCY HOUSES!!! She did pretty good going in by herself and even came out without any crying! Fun time and good memories---
Our plan for Sunday was to go to church --cook a ham and hide eggs!
Nana Cole called and asked what we were doing--I invited them over for Sunday lunch and Uncle Scott Aunt Sheila Blake Cole ---so after G nap daddy washed the Nissan the Staurn and half the van--ha (could not reach the hose around) We went grocery shopping---She was making me laughthe whole time in the store!! We walked in and she says LOOK LOTS OF EGGS! I then explained the real meaning of Easter and Jesus died on the cross and rose again! Simple and so amazing!! I then questioned her if she understood --She repeats Jesus was on the cross! I left it as that! When we got home daddy asked her what is Easter? Jesus crossed the river she says. teehhee-- Dora crosses the river in one of her videos---OK a little mixed up on the answers!! Sooo we are still working on this concept!! She is so smart!!
We then went down the cereal bar aisle----I asked her if she wanted blueberry or stawberry cereal bars.
G says blueberry please. Mommy do you like Nemo ceral bars?
Me--I have never tasted them
G--I have and they are yummy?
Me--Whose house were you at when you had Nemo cereal bars?
G--I was in Guatemala and was a tiny baby! hhaha
Me--You had no teeth when you were a baby so you did not eat cereal bars!
G--Oh you are right mommy?
NOW this cracks me up the logical thinking on her feet and not even stopping to think about answers! AHHH-my baby girl is growing up to fast!!!
Easter service was good--Gretchie sat through the songs and was AWESOME!! I was going to try the preaching part with her but as she saw the kids leaving she says LET's GO!! Loves her friends!!!
Dow for a nap and the family came about two----all too fun and quick!!!
Gretchie adores her cousin Cole (10) and was in a world of her own showing Cole all her toys!! The egg hunt was fun --Cole had a dozen real eggs and G had 46 plastic eggs--hers were just placed all on the grass--toooo cute!!! She then wanted to HIDE them for Cole-as she dumped them in the flower beds two or three at a time!!! They left about five! WHAT A FUN DAY WITH OUR FAMILY!!! Mommy and her went to get milk for daddy and cookies for his lunch--I then took her to the park--yes cold and started to rain and get dark!!
photos to come later---good grief am I falling behind on posting photos---time has been valuable lately and I have stayed home two days Monday and Tuesday just to not have anything on purpose not to post--ha! The weather is so pretty and sunny today Tuesday--so we are going on a walk!
Yesterday after I got G dressed in a yellow sweat outfit--It was soooo small--so she says its going to my sister and I want to wear my new jammies (nana gave her for Easter) So she wore her new jammies (size 4) huge and the bottoms kept falling off all day long and bedtime until this morning we took a bath and she chose her outfit today---

No comments: