


New Years Eve was a normal evening at our home---with a two year old-ha ha!! Gretchen was asleep by 8:05 pm!! YEAH!! We stayed up and rang in the new year--the fireworks outside started right at midnight and I just sat and waited for her to wake up---two nights before we had WIND so bad that she woke up twice and refused to go back to bed at 3 am!! She definitly HEARS EVERY SOUND!! So a little after midnight I hear her door open--I went upstairs and said let me hold you---OK she says and then exclaims in the cutest voice MOMMY WHATS THAT NOISE??? I HEAR A NOISE--Lets go see!! Daddy showed her the smoke from the hill in our neighborhood. I never did see colored fireworks----She went back to bed good--whew!! In the morning daddy decided it was clear and blue skies we could go to the park---now it was still 32 degrees and very cold--but a fun memory!! In fact........."G" had ice on the back of her jeans from sliding down the slide!! Aunt Sheila called and invited us over that afternoon in Walla Walla (one hour) so after the park G asked to take a nap at 11:20 am --so I put her down and she fell asleep--she barely slept an hour but then we were able to drive over earlier----by 2 ish!! We had a great day --G played with cousin Cole and friend Justin ! I was so impressed two ten year old boys played so good with her and she loved it!! She was so worn out and red cheecked from playing so hard! Then about 6 went over to Papa and Nanas to play--and boy did our girl pour on all the charm she had left in her little body!! She found this wand and was using as a microphone and singing with daddy.("I LOVE YOU BABY") Then she was looking at the JCpenny catalog and licking her fingers to turn the pages (but she was licking her whole hand)---SHE WAS EXAUSTED BY THE TIME WE SAID GOODBYE AT 8:30 pm!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment