Thursday, January 17, 2008

Thursday with a two year old!

This morning Gretchen slept until 8:30 am!!! She took no nap yesterday-after two hours of trying--mommy figured she could just put her down for bed earlier--the problem is...... IF ..."G" doesn't take a nap-she wakes up 3-4 hours later and will not go back down! This has been the case 3/out of the 4 times (since Christmas) we had no nap! One being Christmas EVE-ha! So "brown bear" fell asleep at 7:40 pm-----zonked! Mommy got to spend the whole evening with daddy alone!! At 11:10 pm we were turning out the lights and I hear a very faint mommy-- soft cry ---mommy! I went upstairs and she was standing in my closet--(light was on) she started talking (no idea what she was saying but it was sooo cute) Daddy made it hot (bottle) and put her back down she tossed and turned for an HOUR!!! I am not sure if she was asleep or not!! She then looks at me and says Lets go for a ride!! UGH! As she crawled into my arms and asked again--I said no honey not tonight--boy!! That made her mad and she cried for twenty minutes--daddy came back down and helped me calm her down! He said her eyes were closed---?? and he thought she was dreaming----she did this one night at the hotel--whether its a dream or just being two-----who knows!!! Sleep at 12:30 am !! Gretchie did tell me today--that she was in my closet and mommy was downstairs and she cried for mommy and daddy and mommy came back ------(too cute!)
Gretchen woke up at 8:30 am -back to where I started this post (ha ha)
She wanted to see daddy............he was at work! I had given her a stack of books in bed while I got dressed. she then carried all 9 books into our room to find daddy and went over on his side of the bed. It was precious and I almost cried---I had to tell her he was at work! She replied OH OK!
She wasn't ok with it though this time----and started to pout.....I said Let's go take a picture of the books and send to daddy on the computer! So these are the photos we took to send---ha! She was handing one book to the camera or she thought it was daddy! I love email--but G thinks people can see her in the phone---we did call him tooo!! The morning went quick two hours later than we are use too---I was going to go to the post office but with a two year old busier than ever it got pushed aside!! G made atunnel with my bedspread and had a BLAST!! Wanted me to Tunnel me---tunnel with her! I threw the cat inside the tunnel. Then I made macaroni for lunch --see pic.
As I cleaned up she played outside sorta---she wanted me to play outside
also. Today was sunny but still cold!! She asked for a towel to dry her slide off!!
Tuesday nap---I totally forgot to put a pullup on her as I laid her down!! She had underpants on (not training pants-the thinnest ones ever) I realized it when I was cleaning and found the pullup on the counter I was carrying around! She had gone down for a nap sooo good--but wakes up easily---so I decided to deal with the wet bed after nap---I went in about two and found Gretchen standing straight up in the middle of her bed!!! Mommy she says I need to get dressed! I am wet from the ba ba! I said oh Gretchie mommy is so sorry you had no pullup on------Mommy its ok! Promise its ok!! (now was I the one trying to tell her it was my fault)
So Gretchie got to take a bath for a good hour and she forgot to ask to watch Heffalump---at all!! The perks of a forgetful mom!!!!

No comments: